Since Indian Division is participating in IVAO GCA programme according to R&R 5.1.7, we have laid down a set of guidelines for guest controllers to follow before they can be permitted to control in Indian airspace.
Click Here for FRA (Facility Rating Assignment) details of Indian airspace.
Any IVAO member not belonging to INDIA division and wants to control in India has to apply for a GCA. You must meet the following requirements to be considered for GCA:
- The member shall have minimum ADC rating and able to perform ATC duties in English language.
- The member must have knowledge of the local procedures of the position requested.
- The member must have a basic knowledge of the procedures to be applied in the Indian airspace.
- The behaviour of the member, especially in respect to other members, must be in accordance with IVAO and Division spirit.
- The GCA will be shown in the member’s profile. It is shown by division, however if Division HQ allows controlling only on certain FRA positions, the member has to adhere to such restrictions.
- The GCA can be withdrawn at any time by Division HQ if the requirements are not met any more.
- As an approved GCA member, you may control at any airport in India subject to self briefing of local procedures. Subject to FRAs, an ADC rated member with adequate experience may open upto Approach controller position and an APC and above rated member may open upto Center controller position.
- To maintain your GCA status as active, you are required to log into your assigned position for a minimum of 3 hours in a 3 month cycle. Failing so, your GCA may be withdrawn.
Steps to Apply for GCA within the India Division
We are always looking for motivated and enthusiastic ATC to provide professional control services to our pilots.
- Go to the Portal [Click on the Link]
- Navigate to Guest Controller Approvals
- Add Request
- The Training Department will have a look at your request
- Once your request is accepted, the Training Department will nominate a representative to hold one session with you. You will be checked on basic procedures, English language skills etc.