23 February 2020
IVAO India Events is proud to present our first ever Dangerous Approach Challenge event at Leh airport (ICAO: VILH)
We invite all the IVAO members to come and take part in this event to prove your flying skills. Feel free to fly into VILH between 0900Z to 1200Z and be prepared before you take the approach challenge.
We recommend you to practice on your simulator prior before attempting during our event hours.
Leh Airport is situated in Northern part of India and is a military aerodrome in which partially operated for civil operations and due to this reason we have created for flight simulation purpose a special aeronautical chart. PLEASE read our guide and follow instructions carefuly inorder to make a successful IFR to VISUAL flight.
- You are welcome to fly into VILH from any airport of your choice between 0900Z and 1200Z
- Runway 07 is for Approach and Runway 25 is for Departures only
- During this event we will be not allowing any Departures from VILH due to ATC traffic congestion
- If you miss your approach please conduct a normal MISSED APPROACH procedure as per your aircraft operating handbook and carefully follow all instructions mentioned on our guide. If you attempt two missed approaches then ATC will instruct you to divert your flight to your alternate airport as per your flight plan
- Aircrafts Permited: Light or Medium wake turbulence category fleet such as A320, B737, ATR etc. Heavy wake turbulence category aircrafts will be not permited for this event
- Callsign of your choice.
- All flight flying in should be IFR to VFR flight.Remember to put (Y) in rule of ATC flight plan for IFR to VFR flight.
- Make sure your flight plans are correctly filed according to our guide
- Have enough fuel onboard, you may be asked to hold depending upon the arrival congestion
- Make sure you have all required 3D terrain sceneries installed on your simulator to enjoy your approach
- Make sure you also have the Airport scenery installed on your simulator
- Simulation in real world weather conditions
- Follow ATC instructions at all times (If ATC asks you to hold at certain altitude please do so). Since this is simulation we would recommend you to comply with all the ATC instructions during your flight.
- Only successful landings will be awarded with Aviation Celeberations and Events Award from India Division and IVAO Events HQ Award by IVAO HQ.
ATC Services through out the region will be provided by India Division ATC Operations. Expect real world Pilots and ATC members providing you all the ATC services for this event.
ATC Services will start from 0900Z to 1200Z and will be providing extended hours of operations depending upon the traffic.
India Division will be providing a full ATC Service from New Delhi (ICAO: VIDP) to Leh (ICAO: VILH).
India Division members can book their ATC slots. Click Here
- Aeronautical Charts, Flight Operations and VILH Airport Guide
- VILH Airport Scenery - FSX / P3D
- VILH Airport Scenery - XPLANE
- India Division - File PIREP/Flight Reporting
by IVAO HQ
by IVAO India Division
Watch these videos captured by passengers to give you an idea of how dangerous Leh approach is all about.