05 April 2020
IVAO India Events is proud to present exciting Visual Approach Challenge event at Agatti Airport (ICAO: VOAT) from Kerala's new airport Kannur International Airport (ICAO: VOKN)
We invite all the IVAO members to come and take part in this event to prove your flying skills. Feel free to fly into VOAT from VOKN between 0600Z to 0800Z and be prepared before you take the challenge.
We recommend you to practice on your simulator prior before attempting during our event hours. And note that only Twin-Engine Turboprop aircrafts are allowed for this event.
Agatti Airport (IATA: AGX, ICAO: VOAT) is located on the southern end of Agatti Island, in the union territory of Lakshadweep in India. It is the sole airstrip in the archipelago, which lies off the west coast of mainland India.
Kannur International Airport (IATA: CNN, ICAO: VOKN) is an international airport serving the district of Kannur, one of the northern districts in the state of Kerala, India. The airport spreads about 2,300 acres. It is located 28 km east of kannur town, and 24 km east of Thalassery town, near the municipality of Mattannur.It is owned and operated by Kannur International Airport Limited (KIAL), a public–private consortium. The airport opened for commercial operations on 9 December 2018.
- During this event we will be not allowing any Departures from VOAT due to ATC traffic congestion and minimal stands.
- All flight flying in should be IFR to VFR flight.Remember to put (Y) in rule of ATC flight plan for IFR to VFR flight.
- Due to unavailability of parking stands, pilots are requested to disconnect from the network soon after landing giving space to others.
- Follow ATC instructions at all times (If ATC asks you to hold at certain altitude please do so). Since this is simulation we would recommend you to comply with all the ATC instructions during your flight.
- Aircrafts permitted only Twin-Engine Turboprop aircrafts like ATR, Dash 8-400 etc.
- Callsign of your choice.
- Have enough fuel onboard, you may be asked to hold depending upon the arrival congestion.
- Make sure you also have the Airport scenery installed on your simulator.
- Simulation in real world weather conditions.
ATC Services through out the region will be provided by India Division ATC Operations. Expect real world Pilots and ATC members providing you all the ATC services for this event.
ATC Services will start from 0600Z to 0800Z and will be providing extended hours of operations depending upon the traffic.
India Division will be providing a full ATC Service from Kannur (ICAO: VOKN) to Agatti (ICAO: VOAT).
Pilot Event Award
- All virtual pilots who will participate in this event will earn 1 point for the Pilot event award of the Indian Division.
- Once you have gathered 10 points you will be rewarded with this award to your profile.
- Send the details of your flight though the PIREP reporting page.
Controller Event Award
- All virtual Air Traffic Controllers who will participate in this event will earn 1 point for the Controller Event Award of the Indian Division.
- When you have gathered 10 points you will be rewarded with this award to your profile.
Please Note: Flights not completed will be not be eligible for Division Award Points